The contest is held and organized by The Personal Insurance Company (referred to hereinafter as “The Personal”). The contest runs from April 22, 2014, and closes on May 23, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The contest is open exclusively to members of Alberta Electrical League.
PrizesThere is a total of $957 (in Canadian dollars) in prizes to be won:
1. To be eligible for the contest, an entrant must:
- be a resident of Canada;
- have attained the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the date of the draw;
- be an Ontario Library Association (OLA) member on the date of the draw;
- have submitted the expiry date of his or her home or auto insurance policy to The Personal between April 22 and May 23, 2014, by means of the form available on the following site: thepersonal.com/ael-welcome.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. The personal, its employees, representatives or agents or those of any other entity that are part of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. or one of its subsidiaries, as well as anyone domiciled with said employees, representatives or agents, are not eligible to participate in the contest.
Details of the instant prizes draw
1. By filling out the online form at thepersonal.com/ael-welcome to submit their current home or auto insurance expiry dates, between April 22 and May 23, 2014, entrants have the chance to win one of three (3) iPad mini devices worth $319 each.
2. To be declared the winner of an instant prize, an entrant must first see the message You won! appear onscreen after completing the online form. A confirmation email will also be sent to the entrant’s email address indicated on the form.
3. A contest entrant is defined as someone whose name appears on the form filled online at the following internet address: thepersonal.com/ael-welcome.
4. To claim his or her prize, the winner must meet the eligibility conditions described herein. In addition, he or she must:
a) have been reached by telephone in the ten (10) business days following the draw;
b) correctly answer a timed mathematical skill-testing question asked over the telephone;
c) accept the prize as awarded;
d) consent to allowing his or her name, place of residence, photograph and voice to be used in any advertising associated with this contest without any compensation whatsoever;
e) sign a declaration and waiver of responsibility form regarding the established conditions if requested to do so by The Personal, and return said form within ten (10) days of receiving it.
Should any of these conditions not be met, the organizers shall proceed with drawing the name of another winner. The same rules and regulations shall apply for this next draw, though the date of the draw shall differ.
5. The prize shall be mailed to each winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks after the date he or she is declared an instant-prize winner.
6. The Personal disclaims any and all responsibility in the event of loss or theft of the iPad mini.
7. The odds of winning depend on the number of people who have completed the online form at thepersonal.com/ael-welcome on the contest closing date.
8. A person cannot win more than one instant prize.
9. The prizes cannot be exchanged for another prize, redeemed for cash or transferred to another person, including the winner's successors or heirs.
10. In the event that the organizers are unable to award a prize as described in the contest rules, they reserve the right to award a similar prize with an equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, to award the value of the prize described in these contest rules in cash.
1. All information contained in the completed forms remain the property of The Personal.
2. By submitting the expiry date of his or her home or auto insurance policy, an entrant agrees to allow a representative of The Personal to contact him or her a few days prior to the renewal date of his or her current insurance contract for the purpose of providing a quote.
3. The Personal reserves the right to modify the contest conditions or terminate the contest at any time, without notice. In Quebec only, the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec is required.
4. The Personal reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or cancel any entry that does not comply with these rules.
5. All decisions made by The Personal are final and binding, subject, in Quebec only, to any decision of Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux on any matter under its jurisdiction.
6. The Personal cannot be held liable for lost, misdirected, or late entries, or for any failure, for any reason whatsoever, that may affect the availability or operation of the website or any telecommunications systems and networks for the duration of this contest. Moreover, The Personal cannot be held liable for any damage to entrants’ computers or to components of computer systems used to enter this contest.
7. By entering this contest, participants release The Personal of all liability for any damage that could result from said entry or from the acceptance or use of the prize if a person is declared the winner.
8. The winners acknowledge that the only warranty that applies to the prize is the normal manufacturer’s warranty.
9. The supplier of the product is not associated with this contest and do not sponsor it in any way.
10. The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
11. A French version of these rules is available by sending a request to “Les membres de l’Alberta Electrical League peuvent gagner un iPad mini !” Contest – The Personal, 6300, boulevard de la Rive-Sud, Lévis, Québec G6V 6P9. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and French versions of these rules, the English version takes precedence.